[OE-core] 2.6 planning proposals and meeting

Scott Rifenbark srifenbark at gmail.com
Tue May 1 14:55:53 UTC 2018

On Tue, May 1, 2018 at 7:46 AM, Richard Purdie <
richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 2018-04-20 at 08:02 -0400, Daniel F. Dickinson wrote:
> > I'm relatively new to OE; I've written a couple of pre-alpha layers
> > to try some idea, and worked on meta-openembedded, but I've not had a
> > chance to go in depth on the Yocto documentation, and at the some
> > there see to be things (based on the lists) that are out of date, or
> > new things that aren't even mentioned, which makes getting up speed
> > somewhat difficult.
>
> Writing down where you think there are issues would be a help so that
> we can see if there is some way we can improve that.

Yes - please indicate any areas in the documentation you believe need
updated, changed, or added.  I have been trying to bring things up-to-date
in several manuals during the 2.5 process.  So, identifying areas in the
2.5 manual set would be very helpful.  To be sure you are viewing 2.5
manuals use the following form for the URL:

      yoctoproject.org/docs/2.5/<manual_folder>/<manual_folder>.html

      where <manual_folder> is

           brief-yoctoprojectqs
           bsp-guide
           overview-manual