[OE-core] do_kernel_configme and defconfig

chris.laplante at agilent.com chris.laplante at agilent.com
Fri May 11 19:28:33 UTC 2018

OK, I figured out why this happens. This line in kernel-yocto.bbclass:

scc --force -o ${S}/${meta_dir}:cfg,merge,meta ${includes} ${bsp_definition} ${sccs} ${patches} ${KERNEL_FEATURES}

... passes the BSP def before the sccs. In my case, the BSP def is mymachine.scc, and the sccs is the defconfig. So that's why the defconfig comes after the BSP.

My takeaway is that a BSP plus a defconfig is not a supported use case. Is that correct?

If so, I think it's important to add some sanity checking to kernel-yocto.bbclass.

Thanks,
Chris