[OE-core] [AUH] u-boot-mkimage: upgrading to 2018.05 FAILED

Alexander Kanavin alexander.kanavin at linux.intel.com
Thu May 17 13:04:51 UTC 2018

On 05/17/2018 01:33 PM, Marek Vasut wrote:
>>> Looks like AUH runs as a x86 machine, which is why it doesn't catch
>>> u-boot.
>>
>> Also we have already discussed this 2 month ago. Marek, as the u-boot
>> maintainer, can you look into enabling u-boot on qemu please?
>
> Wouldn't it make more sense to fix the AUH so it handles U-Boot and
> similar packages correctly even without the qemu dependency ?

Determining the latest upstream version, performing the recipe upgrade,
and testing that the upgraded version builds are all done by calling
bitbake. Which of course requires that MACHINE is set to something
specific, in this case qemux86. As u-boot is disabled there, it gets
skipped. I could special-case u-boot, but I do think it's better to
enable it on qemu, which would also allow better AB testing across
architectures and during runtime (booting images) for instance.

Alex