[OE-core] gcc-runtime: Remove -mcpu=cortex-a7 when building for -march=armv7ve

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Tue May 29 20:12:15 UTC 2018

On Tue, 2018-05-29 at 12:13 -0700, Khem Raj wrote:
> On Tue, May 29, 2018 at 11:41 AM, Andre McCurdy <armccurdy at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > This change looks wrong (or at least incomplete and lacking a
> > decent
> > explanation):
> why do you think it is wrong ? I would be happy to make the
> explanation more decent
> if you have ideas please share.
>

> >   http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core/commit/?h=master-ne
> > xt&id=fbec01f01fdad23d95271db063ee0a4d0ab44568
> >
> > It was never posted to the list but seems to have made it as far as
> > master-next.

I don't know where Ross got the patches from but I've taken over and he
told me the patches in mut were ready. I didn't take this one however.

My concern is the use of "remove" which I really prefer not to use in
OE-Core. In core, its a sign that we have the overall structure wrong
as we should never need to do this.

I'd like to understand why gcc-runtime needs this special treatment and
whether there are other arm tunes which have the same issue? Should we
be tweaking the main tune files in some way instead?