[OE-core] Update sdk dummy providers

richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Mon Nov 19 22:43:20 UTC 2018

On Mon, 2018-11-19 at 15:00 +0000, Valek, Andrej wrote:
> I would like to ask You a question about your commit (
> http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky/commit/meta/recipes-core/meta/dummy-sdk-package.inc?id=0d0984e1e616c9f1c211b7b980ba2ca54c096e6e
> ) to update sdk providers. I have found an issue regarding to
> buildtools.
>
> ERROR:  OE-core's config sanity checker detected a potential
> misconfiguration.
>     Either fix the cause of this error or at your own risk disable
> the checker (see sanity.conf).
>     Following is the list of potential problems / advisories:
>
>     Required perl module(s) not found: Text::ParseWords Thread::Queue
> Data::Dumper
>
> After analyzing, I have found, that buildtools-tarball contains a
> nativesdk-perl (in manifest), which I guess should be excluded.
> I have found, that after removing comments your comments of
> d.appendVar("RCONFLICTS_%s" % p, "${DUMMYPROVIDES}") and RREPLACES_%s
> in meta/recipes-core/meta/dummy-sdk-package.inc it works. Is there
> any reason, why You have commented out?

It appears if they are uncommented we see:

https://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/typhoon/#/builders/3/builds/226/steps/7/logs/step2b

(and other similar failures).

I suspect this breaks this way for rpm and breaks a different way for
dpkg/opkg so I'm not sure what the right fix would be. Am I correct
that you're not using rpm?