[OE-core] (no subject)

Angelo Dureghello angelo at sysam.it
Thu Oct 4 15:08:27 UTC 2018

Hi Burton,

On Thu, Oct 04, 2018 at 02:55:37PM +0100, Burton, Ross wrote:
> I'm curious: the data sheet for the processor you mention in 4/4 says
> that it ha 64K of RAM.  Are there other processors in the range, or
> have you done incredible things?

64KB is the internal static ram (SRAM), that's commonly 4 to 64K
for this family (i.e. some recent arm reachs 512K).
Then there is the built-in SDRAM/DDR2 controller :)
where i connect 128MB of DDR2(SDRAM), but other boards may have more.

Linux runs fine in ColdFire family from a long time. Initially only
non-MMU uClinux, now also the mainline kernel with MMU enabled.

Regards,
Angelo