[OE-core] Demos for the Yocto Project booth at ELCE in Edinburgh

Alex Lennon ajlennon at dynamicdevices.co.uk
Tue Oct 9 08:36:56 UTC 2018

Hi Nico,

I hope this email finds you well. I am guessing you've stepped up to
take the Yocto Community banner since Jefro stepped down in June?

I've been in the orbit of the OpenEmbedded/Yocto eco-system for many
years, since before the Yocto Project was announced by the Linux
Foundation to us at ELCE 2010 Cambridge.

Recently I kicked off an OpenSource project to enable makers and others
to live stream events very easily with here at DoES Liverpool

We're calling it #MakeSpaceLive and it's based on Resin.io / Docker /
Yocto / GStreamer.

I've attached an introductory email my colleague Dan sent to the Yocto
list as he's coming up to ELCE Edinburgh in his journalistic capacity
and I've suggested he meets up with the Yocto team and perhaps demos an
RPi running #MakeSpaceLive code.

Dan's also thinking of hosting a mini-talk or a BoF meeting to see what
the feedback is from the community on where we need to direct the project.

Please let me know how this fits with your plans.

Kind Regards,

Alex

--

Dynamic Devices Ltd <http://www.dynamicdevices.co.uk/>

Alex J Lennon MA (Cantab) MIET MIOD / Director
DoES Liverpool 1st Floor The Tapestry 68 – 76 Kempston Street Liverpool
L3 8HL, United Kingdom

mobile: +44 (0)7478 346120

Linkedin <http://www.linkedin.com/in/alexjlennon> Skype
<skype:alexjlennon?add>
<http://www.daneurope.org/web/guest/registration?p_p_id=registration&p_p_lifecycle=0&p_p_mode=view&p_p_state=normal&_registration_struts_action=%2Fext%2Fregistration%2Fwizard&_registration_processType=2&_registration_partnerCode=517352>

This e-mail message may contain confidential or legally privileged
information and is intended only for the use of the intended
recipient(s). Any unauthorized disclosure, dissemination, distribution,
copying or the taking of any action in reliance on the information
herein is prohibited. E-mails are not secure and cannot be guaranteed to
be error free as they can be intercepted, amended, or contain viruses.
Anyone who communicates with us by e-mail is deemed to have accepted
these risks. Company Name is not responsible for errors or omissions in
this message and denies any responsibility for any damage arising from
the use of e-mail. Any opinion and other statement contained in this
message and any attachment are solely those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of the company.