[OE-core] Yocto Project Status WW41’18

Jolley, Stephen K stephen.k.jolley at intel.com
Tue Oct 9 14:49:25 UTC 2018

Current Dev Position: YP 2.6 M4.

Next Deadline: YP 2.6 M4 Build Target is Oct. 1, 2018

SWAT Team Rotation:

·         SWAT lead is currently: Paul

·         SWAT team rotation: Paul -> Ross on Oct. 12, 2018

·         SWAT team rotation: Ross -> Amanda on Oct. 17, 2018

·         https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

Key Status/Updates:

·         2.6 M3 rc1 has been built and is in QA; currently 100% complete.  See https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/2.6_QA_Status.  The report should be published soon.

·         The build appliance issue identified last week is not a blocking issue for 2.6 M3 and has a simple fix now included in master.

·         We’re now past feature freeze and all major changes planned for 2.6 have been merged so only bug fixes will be accepted now.

·         The reproducibility problem for non-IA binaries in the debug symbol sections has been investigated and a fix has been merged in master.

·         There were fixes merged to the gitsm bitbake fetcher which caused other breakage. The known breakage has now been fixed, if further problems are seen, please report them ASAP.

·         We are now into 2.6 M4’s window so we will likely branch for thud and build rc1 as soon as the report for M3 is out and that milestone release is made.

Planned Releases for YP 2.6:

·         YP 2.6 M3 Release Target was Sept. 7, 2018

·         YP 2.6 M4 Build Target is Oct. 1, 2018

·         YP 2.6 M4 Release Target is Oct. 26, 2018

Planned upcoming dot releases:

·         YP 2.4.4 (Rocko) will be targeted after YP 2.6 M4 is done.

·         YP 2.5.2 (Sumo) will be targeted after YP 2.4.4 is done.

Tracking Metrics:

·         WDD 2527 (last week 2534) (https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)

·         Poky Patch Metrics

o    Total patches found: 1665 (last week 1657)

o    Percentage of patches in the Pending State: 735 (44%) [last week 732 (44%)]

Key Status Links for YP:

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.6_Status

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.6_Schedule

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.6_Features

The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
INTEL, MS JF1-255, 2111 N.E. 25th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124
•    Cell:                (208) 244-4460
• Email:                             stephen.k.jolley at intel.com