[OE-core] [bitbake] How to fetch private github release

Måns Zigher mans.zigher at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 11:18:06 UTC 2018

Hi,

I need to fetch a github release tar file. I think I have seen that it
should be supported by default by setting the

SRC_URI = "
https://github.com/DynamicDevices/bbexample/releases/download/v1.0/bbexample-${PV}.tar.gz
"

The problem that I am facing is that the repo is private so I need to be
able to specify a github token. Is this supported?

I have also tried specify my own do_fetch to my recipe and from there
making use of https://github.com/gruntwork-io/fetch but do_fetch cannot the
binary. I have verified fetch binary is part of the package sysroot and I
can call the fetch tool from do_install but that feels like a bad hack. Do
you guys have any advice?

BR
Måns Zigher