[OE-core] Why openembedded-core mailing list is now author of some patches?

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Fri Oct 12 13:13:25 UTC 2018

Ironically, this mail is From: Ruslan Bilovol via Openembedded-core.

This is basically due to SPF, and people sending email from
non-authoritive hosts.  Concrete example: Richard Purdie's mail comes
from a machine which the linuxfoundation.org SPF records doesn't
recognise as an authorised sender.   If mailing list software wasn't
such a pain we could stop it doing that, but apparently it is.
Another option would be to patch git to recognise a "via" From and use
the Reply-to field.

We should have a pre-commit hook to be sure that any instances of this
are caught and fixed before being pushed though.

Ross