[OE-core] Yocto Project Status WW42’18

Jolley, Stephen K stephen.k.jolley at intel.com
Tue Oct 16 14:53:11 UTC 2018

Current Dev Position: YP 2.6 M4.

Next Deadline: YP 2.6 M4 Build Target was Oct. 1, 2018

SWAT Team Rotation:

·         SWAT lead is currently: Ross

·         SWAT team rotation: Ross -> Amanda on Oct. 17, 2018

·         SWAT team rotation: Amanda  -> Tracy on Oct. 24, 2018

·         https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

Key Status/Updates:

·         YP 2.6 M3 rc1 has completed QA and should be published today.

·         The release of M3 is reluctant since there are a number of open bugs, a number of ptest regressions and some questions about build performance regressions.

·         A number of good ptest fixes have already merged and we’re hoping to rerun those tests to check the status before we build M4.

·         “Manual” QA test definitions merged into oeqa which means all testcases are now documented in our metadata and this is definitive now rather than testopia.

·         With upcoming changes to Yocto Project QA, its desirable to have better test result reporting merged into the codebase, particularly for the stable release process in the future. Unfortunately these patches aren’t quite ready to merge yet but it's probably better to hold the release until they’re ready.

·         Since M3 is now being released we will create the thud branches this week in preparation for the main 2.6 release.

·         The project provided a response to the automated testing survey recently carried out, the response can be viewed at https://elinux.org/Yocto_project_survey_response and gives a good overview of the different kinds of testing the project performs.

·         There is a recently found bug in “_remove” operator handling which may mean changes to its documented behaviour in order to address the issues found (remove operations aren’t reflected in sstate hashes currently).

·         It was discovered that the new autobuilder wasn’t testing the ipk/deb packaging backends so this was fixed and some issues with the test cases was also resolved.

Planned Releases for YP 2.6:

·         YP 2.6 M4 Build Target is Oct. 1, 2018

·         YP 2.6 M4 Release Target is Oct. 26, 2018

Planned upcoming dot releases:

·         YP 2.4.4 (Rocko) will be targeted after YP 2.6 M4 is done.

·         YP 2.5.2 (Sumo) will be targeted after YP 2.4.4 is done.

Tracking Metrics:

·         WDD 2462 (last week 2527) (https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)

·         Poky Patch Metrics

o    Total patches found: 1682 (last week 1665)

o    Percentage of patches in the Pending State: 736 (44%) [last week 735 (44%)]

Key Status Links for YP:

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.6_Status

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.6_Schedule

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.6_Features

The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
INTEL, MS JF1-255, 2111 N.E. 25th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124
•    Cell:                (208) 244-4460
• Email:                             stephen.k.jolley at intel.com