[OE-core] do_rootfs does not create /etc/shadow and /etc/gshadow

Böszörményi Zoltán zboszor at pr.hu
Thu Oct 18 05:52:20 UTC 2018

Hi,

I have started moving my Yocto based custom OS to Yocto 2.5.

The problem is that when I want to build an image, groupadd fails
during the preinst of the mariadb-server package.

It seems the underlying problem is that both shadow and gshadow
are missing from the rootfs /etc directory, group and passwd are
there.

I checked that my previous Yocto 2.2 and 2.4 image builds both
have these files.

What has changed in Yocto 2.5 that would prevent creating
shadow and gshadow in the rootfs?

My layer has its own distro related configuration including a
custom bitbake.conf that only minimally differs from the
openembedded-core/meta one.

Thanks in advance,
Zoltán Böszörményi