[OE-core] Yocto Project Status WW43’18

Jolley, Stephen K stephen.k.jolley at intel.com
Tue Oct 23 15:33:04 UTC 2018

Current Dev Position: YP 2.6 M4.

Next Deadline: YP 2.6 M4 Build Target was Oct. 1, 2018

SWAT Team Rotation:

·         SWAT lead is currently: Amanda

·         SWAT team rotation: Amanda  -> Tracy on Oct. 26, 2018

·         SWAT team rotation: Tracy -> Chen on Nov. 2, 2018

·         https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

Key Status/Updates:

·         YP 2.6 M3 rc1 was released.

·         We have branched for thud at this point and the new release branches have been created. We have not started working on master patches yet though, we’re still concentrating on the 2.6 release.

·         Any ptest regressions have been fixed, thanks to Ross and Wind River in particular for helping with that. We should have similar results to M2 for M4 now based on this.

·         We continue to hold building M4 until we have the oeqa results handling code merged. This is because it should help us better handle maintaining and QAing 2.6 as a stable release.

·         There was an issue found with the recent _remove changes and a fix is now in master. If anyone does see any other odd behaviour around that operator please to report it ASAP.

·         A report of potential M4 issues was sent earlier in the week.

·         2.6 M4 is due to be built as soon as we have the oeqa reporting patches merged. Oher changes which put the release at risk will be deferred to master.

Planned Releases for YP 2.6:

·         YP 2.6 M4 Build Target is Oct. 1, 2018

·         YP 2.6 M4 Release Target is Oct. 26, 2018

Planned upcoming dot releases:

·         YP 2.4.4 (Rocko) will be targeted after YP 2.6 M4 is done.

·         YP 2.5.2 (Sumo) will be targeted after YP 2.4.4 is done.

Tracking Metrics:

·         WDD 2387 (last week 2462) (https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)

·         Poky Patch Metrics

o    Total patches found: 1690 (last week 1682)

o    Percentage of patches in the Pending State: 738 (44%) [last week 736 (44%)]

Key Status Links for YP:

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.6_Status

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.6_Schedule

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.6_Features

The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
INTEL, MS JF1-255, 2111 N.E. 25th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124
•    Cell:                (208) 244-4460
• Email:                             stephen.k.jolley at intel.com