[OE-core] bitbake gstreamer1.0 : "Nothing PROVIDES 'gobject-introspection'"

Tarun Tej K tarun4690 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 13:36:52 UTC 2018

Hi,

I am trying to build the latest gstreamer version 1.14.2 using the yocto
recipes from
https://github.com/openembedded/openembedded-core/tree/master/meta/recipes-multimedia/gstreamer

I have added new version recipes to my custom yocto layer; added the
required .bbclass files to 'classes' directory inside my custom layer.
There are older version (1.4.5, 1.6.0) recipes in other layers but my layer
has higher priority so the 'bitbake -s' shows 1.14.2 as the version of
gstreamer family, so that proves the recipes are successfully parsed.

After that I am trying to build gstreamer1.0 using the command '*bitbake
gstreamer1.0*' but I get an error saying
*Nothing PROVIDES 'gobject-introspection' .......... *
*Close matches: *
*gobject-introspection-stub *
*gobject-introspection-native*

I have verified that the gobject-introspection.bbclass file has been added
to classed directory of my layer. I have removed gobject-introspection from
the inherit list in the  gstreamer1.0_1.14.2.bb and it successfully
continued to bitbake until some 'installed but not shipped' error occurred
at do_package_qa task. Also another class 'upstream-version-is-even.bbclass'
is also inherited by gstreamer1.0_1.14.2.bb and that is also present in
same directory as gobject-introspection.bbclass but I don't get any error
with that.

I am using the yocto setup cloned from freescale's repository (
http://git.freescale.com/git/cgit.cgi/imx/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git/tree/imx-4.1.15-1.1.2.xml?h=imx-4.1.15-1.0.0_ga),
so this might contain older dependency libraries. Also the bitbake version
is 1.28.0

What could be the problem? Please let me know if I need to provide any
additional information to understand issue better.

Thanks
Tarun