[OE-core] bitbake gstreamer1.0 : "Nothing PROVIDES 'gobject-introspection'"

Tarun Tej K tarun4690 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 14:25:33 UTC 2018

Thanks for the response.

The issue I have is, although I have added the
gobject-introspection.bbclass within the classes directory, I get an error
saying 'Nothing PROVIDES 'gobject-introspection'.

The other class I use (upstream-version-is-even.bbclass) is also present in
the same directory but it gets inherited by gstreamer1.0_1.14.2.bb without
any error. Why is there a problem for gobject-introspection only?

I totally agree to your point about updating to latest YP release. It is
just that our project is depending on some recipes related to older version
BSP so it will be a while before we completely migrate to latest release.

Thanks
Tarun