[OE-core] Yocto Project Status WW38’18

Jolley, Stephen K stephen.k.jolley at intel.com
Tue Sep 18 14:36:56 UTC 2018

Current Dev Position: YP 2.6 M3. - This is feature freeze for YP 2.6!

Next Deadline: YP 2.6 M3 Build Target is Aug. 27, 2018

SWAT Team Rotation:

·         SWAT lead is currently: Tracy

·         SWAT team rotation: Tracy-> Armin on Sept. 21, 2018

·         SWAT team rotation: Armin -> Chen on Sept. 28, 2018

·         https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

Key Status/Updates:

·         We’re now well into M3 feature freeze so new feature patches, particularly for unplanned changes will be deferred until 2.7.

·         M3 has still not been built yet however we have:

o    upgraded to openssl 1.1 final

o    merged the allarch multilib changes we were waiting for.

o    resolved the xserver upgrade issues and merged the fixes/upgrades

o    the python3 openssl issues were resolved, thanks Anuj!

·         The main remaining question is what, if anything to do with openssh for 2.6. Upstream have now reluctantly merged openssl 1.1 support. Any new release date containing that work is unknown but its tempting to upgrade to the latest from revision control and then take the new released version into 2.6 when it does happen., thereby unifying openssl support in OE-Core.

·         There is a bug that has been identified in relocating gnupg-native causing oe-selftest failures.

·         An issue with the buildbot autobuilder UI plugin code was debugged and a fix sent and accepted upstream.

Planned Releases for YP 2.6:

·         YP 2.6 M3 Build Target is Aug. 27, 2018

·         YP 2.6 M3 Release Target is Sept. 7, 2018

·         YP 2.6 M4 Build Target is Oct. 1, 2018

·         YP 2.6 M4 Release Target is Oct. 26, 2018

Planned upcoming dot releases:

·         YP 2.4.4 (Rocko) will be targeted after YP 2.6 M4 is done.

·         YP 2.5.2 (Sumo) will be targeted after YP 2.4.4 is done.

Tracking Metrics:

·         WDD 2589 (last week 2580) (https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)

·         Poky Patch Metrics

o    Total patches found: 1646 (last week 1646)

o    Percentage of patches in the Pending State: 736 (45%) [last week 736 (45%)]

Key Status Links for YP:

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.6_Status

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.6_Schedule

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.6_Features

The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
INTEL, MS JF1-255, 2111 N.E. 25th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124
•    Cell:                (208) 244-4460
• Email:                             stephen.k.jolley at intel.com