[OE-core] patch submission feedback

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Wed Sep 19 05:05:07 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 19 September 2018 4:38:28 PM NZST Vignesh Rajendran (RBEI/ECF3)
wrote:
> I have submitted a patch some months before and waiting for feedback after
> some discussion.
> https://patchwork.openembedded.org/patch/150819/
>
> But after some long wait, there was no response from anyone.
> I personally feel there should be some support and motivation to
> contributors.

You are right, my sincere apologies for not being more communicative regarding
your patch. This is a bug I would like to see fixed, and I will aim to do
better in future.

However, taking a look at the original patch, my concerns are still the same -
I don't think package.bbclass should have references to EXTERNALSRC added to
it. My suggestion would be to try to generalise the solution - have
package.bbclass detect the underlying problem, or look for S being outside of
WORKDIR, or something similar.

Thanks
Paul

--