[OE-core] SDK and out of tree modules

Andrej Valek andrej.valek at siemens.com
Tue Sep 25 14:51:08 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I have seen, that You have been supporting someone with the similar problem.
So, I would like to ask you as question about current status of failing
task for kernel-devsrc recipe. I have found similar thread about the
same issue, but without final solution
(https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/yocto/2018-July/042007.html).

I wanted to run populate_sdk_ext on my image (tested on qemuarm and
another arch) with included kernel-devsrc package. It showed me warning
message:
WARNING: image-sdk-1.0-r0 do_populate_sdk_ext: Manifest
build/tmp/sstate-control/manifest-allarch-kernel-devsrc.populate_sysroot
not found?

Mentioned directory has these files:
build/tmp/sstate-control/manifest-qemuarm-kernel-devsrc.package_qa
build/tmp/sstate-control/manifest-qemuarm-kernel-devsrc.package_write_ipk
build/tmp/sstate-control/manifest-qemuarm-kernel-devsrc.packagedata
build/tmp/sstate-control/manifest-qemuarm-kernel-devsrc.populate_lic

But the file "manifest-allarch-kernel-devsrc.populate_sysroot" is
missing. I guess, due to do_populate_sysroot[noexec] = "1" in
kernel-devsrc recipe.

Isn't possible to have this package included in image for populate task?
Is it somehow fixed?

Many thanks for support,
Andrej

* sorry if you have received this message multiple times, ...network issues