[OE-core] SDK and out of tree modules

Andrej Valek andrej.valek at siemens.com
Wed Sep 26 12:22:02 UTC 2018

Hello Richard,

I am working on derivate of pyro branch.
So I have setup new machine based on master (without my modifications),
but the problem is still there.

What I have made:
IMAGE_INSTALL += "kernel-devsrc"

core-image-minimal -c populate_sdk_ext

Now the manifests in directory have different names:
$ find . -name "*kernel*"
./manifest-qemuarm-kernel-devsrc.populate_lic
./manifest-qemuarm-kernel-devsrc.package
./manifest-qemuarm-kernel-devsrc.packagedata
./manifest-qemuarm-kernel-devsrc.package_write_rpm
./manifest-qemuarm-kernel-devsrc.package_qa

So now allarch has been replaced by qemuarm. Seems to be, that something
has been changed in PKG_ARCH.

But warnings are still the same:
WARNING: core-image-minimal-1.0-r0 do_sdk_depends: Manifest
build/tmp/sstate-control/manifest-x86_64_x86_64-nativesdk-kernel-devsrc.populate_sysroot
not found in qemuarm armv5te armv5e armv5t armv5 armv4t armv4 arm
allarch x86_64_x86_64-nativesdk (variant '')?
WARNING: core-image-minimal-1.0-r0 do_populate_sdk_ext: Manifest
build/tmp/sstate-control/manifest-x86_64_x86_64-nativesdk-kernel-devsrc.populate_sysroot
not found in qemuarm armv5te armv5e armv5t armv5 armv4t armv4 arm
allarch x86_64_x86_64-nativesdk (variant '')?

But why is trying to find nativesdk manifests instead of qemuarm? Isn't
it caused by IMAGE_INSTALL in populate task?
Anyway, the problem is the same. Still couldn't find the
.populate_sysroot manifest file due to mentioned [noxec].

Regards,
Andrej