[OE-core] volatile-binds: VOLATILE_LIB_DIR

Vincent Prince vincent.prince.fr at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 15:32:38 UTC 2019

Hi all,

I'm wondering if it makes sense to add a VOLATILE_LIB_DIR option same way
as VOLATILE_LOG_DIR but for /var/lib folder?

I'm asking because I can't append VOLATILE_BINDS with folders inside
/var/lib as it fails on ConditionPathIsReadWrite (/var/lib is writable
after bindmounting to /var/volatile/lib) and also goes into trouble with
inner overlays.

One way to fix it in my case is to redefines entirely VOLATILE_BINDS
variable, so maybe it's not worth the effort?

Regards,
Vincent