[OE-core] SDK does not contain pkg-config files

Mike Looijmans mike.looijmans at topic.nl
Thu Aug 1 11:17:00 UTC 2019

On 31-07-19 15:29, Ross Burton wrote:
> On 31/07/2019 14:22, Mike Looijmans wrote:
>> Well, that's at least good to know.
>>
>> I'm on the "thud" branch currently, so I hope this isn't something that got
>> fixed only recently.
>>
>> I'll try some simple images first. I gather there's no particular magic
>> incantation I need to put into my image recipe to get the pkg-config files
>> into the SDK sysroot?
>
> Right, they're just in the -dev packages.  I'd try building a
> core-image-minimal SDK to verify that works, as I suspect you've done
> something in your image to break the SDK.

I think I found it.

The image installs the dropbear SSH server, and the openssh-sftp-server. These
seem to cause a conflict, and then ALL the "-dev" packages get skipped.

The warning looks like this (I removed some sensitive information and a list
of a few hundred package names):

WARNING: prolira-delirium-image-1.0-r0 do_populate_sdk: Unable to install
packages. Command '.../..-image/1.0-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin/opkg
--volatile-cache -f ... --force_postinstall --prefer-arch-to-version   install
... binutils-dev liblzo2-dev ... libaio-dev' returned 1:
Collected errors:
  * Solver encountered 1 problem(s):
  * Problem 1/1:
  *   - package openssh-dev-7.8p1+git-r0.cortexa9t2hf-neon requires openssh =
7.8p1+git-r0, but none of the providers can be installed
  *
  * Solution 1:
  *   - allow deinstallation of packagegroup-core-ssh-dropbear-1.0-r1.all

  *   - do not ask to install a package providing dropbear-dev

  *   - do not ask to install a package providing
packagegroup-core-ssh-dropbear-dev

  * Solution 2:
  *   - do not ask to install a package providing openssh-dev

If I remove "openssh-sftp-server" from the packages, the warning (which should
have been an error?) disappears and the resulting SDK properly contains all
the pkg-config files again.

I wonder if there's a proper fix to prevent this, i.e. break the link between
openssh-sftp-server and openssh-dev.