[OE-core] Consultation about the issue of archiver

Paul Barker paul at betafive.co.uk
Tue Aug 27 08:17:54 UTC 2019

On Tue, 27 Aug 2019, at 08:21, zang wrote:
> hello:
>
> Recently, when I enabled the archiver.bbclass, I found that some
> packages could not generate the srpm package. The reason is that it
> returned in the function copyleft_should_include() in the file
> archiver.bbclass.
>
>  | included, reason = copyleft_should_include(d)
>  | if not included:
>  | bb.debug(1, 'archiver: %s is excluded: %s' % (pn, reason))
>  | /*return from here*/
>  | return
>  | else:
>  | bb.debug(1, 'archiver: %s is included: %s' % (pn, reason))
> Why do you want to make a license judgment on the package?
>  I hope someone can answer it, thank you very much.
>  The following is my local.conf:

> | INHERIT += "archiver"
> | ARCHIVER_MODE[srpm] = "1"
> | ARCHIVER_MODE[src] = "original"
> e.g. When I use the following
> command,tmp/work/core2-64-poky-linux/openssl/1.1.1c-r0/deploy-sources/
> is empty.
>
> | bitbake -f -c deploy_archives openssl

The flexibility of the archiver class is a real advantage, you just need to configure it via the variables used by the copyleft_filter class. To capture everything except 'CLOSED' and 'Proprietary' recipes I have the following set:

    COPYLEFT_LICENSE_INCLUDE = "*"

Give that a try and let me know if it works for you.

Thanks,

--
Paul Barker
Managing Director & Principal Engineer