[OE-core] OE-Core python minimum version requirement

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Wed Dec 4 17:45:03 UTC 2019

I just enabled hashequiv's server in local mode by default in poky.

This causes an unintended side effect of requiring python 3.5 as the
minimum version.

We had thought that the servers would be 'rare' and a 3.5 version
requirement for that was fine. It turns out a local server is also
extremely useful.

The code needed the python 3.5 async support and trying to write it any
other way is a nightmare, we need that performance for the server.

At this point I think we just give in and require python 3.5 as a
minimum. Any objections?