[OE-core] [Openembedded-architecture] OE-Core python minimum version requirement

Nicolas Dechesne nicolas.dechesne at linaro.org
Thu Dec 5 16:35:55 UTC 2019

On Thu, Dec 5, 2019 at 3:38 PM Khem Raj <raj.khem at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 5, 2019 at 2:19 AM Paul Eggleton
> <paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Thursday, 5 December 2019 7:48:11 PM NZDT Nicolas Dechesne wrote:

> > > Nice! How do we get OE plugged into that? Have you looked at that?
> >
> > No, I haven't - only discovered it today. I agree we should look into it
> > though.
> >

> you need to have binary feeds somewhere.

I don't think so. I believe it could work straight from the layerindex
JSON API. in fact the 'source' could be:
http://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/api/recipes/?filter=layerbranch__branch__name:master

and then we need a simple JSON parser that converts 'our' data into
'their' format, such as:
https://github.com/repology/repology-updater/blob/master/repology/parsers/parsers/ravenports.py

If you check their debian config for example, they use debian 'source'
packages for input:
https://github.com/repology/repology-updater/blob/master/repos.d/deb/debian.yaml