[OE-core] connman dependency of readline

Peter Kjellerstedt peter.kjellerstedt at axis.com
Wed Dec 11 00:34:57 UTC 2019

If readline is only needed to build the connman client and it is
packaged in a separate package, then you are only affected by
readline's GPL-3.0 license if you install that package. If you do
not install it you are ok even if readline is needed during the
build. So there should not be any real need to disable the building
of the client.

> I guess email is the prefered way for patches compared to github pull
> requests?
>
> Instead of my idea of creating as PACKAGECONFIG[readline], is there a
> better way so it is only included if connman-client is used, instead of
> just connman?
>
> Have a nice weekend.
> Claus Stovgaard

//Peter