[OE-core] dracut is impossible to run in do_rootfs

Böszörményi Zoltán zboszor at pr.hu
Fri Feb 15 12:33:26 UTC 2019

Hi again,

I am now replying to myself.

If anyone is interested, I have solved it in dracut so it can use a sysroot.
See: https://github.com/dracutdevs/dracut/pull/535

Then, the dracut recipe also needs changes so it can be built as native.

A recipe is needed for a cross-compiler ldd from this:
https://gist.github.com/jerome-pouiller/c403786c1394f53f44a3b61214489e6f

Then a dracut.bbclass to be used by a kernel recipe or anything else
that wants to be included in the initramfs, like extra dracut modules
or custom boot splash themes.

I have all of this working now in Yocto 2.5 via a bbappend for dracut
and the two extras.

Eventually, I would like to upstream these changes when my dracut PR
is merged, hopefully before 050 is released.