[OE-core] GO runtime crashes

Damien Riegel damien.riegel at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 18:19:05 UTC 2019

Hi,

On Thu, 28 Feb 2019 at 09:04, Vincent Prince
<vincent.prince.fr at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Khem,
>
> GO_DYNLINK_x86-64 = "" solution works as well,
>
> Best regards,
> Vincent
>
> Le jeu. 28 févr. 2019 à 14:14, Khem Raj <raj.khem at gmail.com> a écrit :
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 28, 2019 at 1:35 AM Vincent Prince
>> <vincent.prince.fr at gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi Damien,
>> >
>> > With GO_LINKSHARED = "" it work fine.
>> >

>> Please set
>> GO_DYNLINK_x86-64 = "1"
>> GO_DYNLINK_x86-64 = ""
>> in goarch.bbclass

Well, making a change in the goarch.bbclass is way more intrusive than
changing the value in a single recipe, so it would be nice to (at least)
give some justification about this solution.

>> > I'm very new to Go, does it mean that there is a mixing issue in go modules from Yocto and from node_exporter vendor folder, so it links wrongly at runtime?

As to why the GO_LINKSHARED ="" works, I cannot tell. I just noticed
that our application was linked differently on my machine (where it
worked) and in Yocto (where it didn't work), so I tweaked link flags
until I got it to work.

Cheers,
Damien