[OE-core] Mis-generation of shell script (run.do_install)?

richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Tue Jan 8 18:26:20 UTC 2019

On Tue, 2018-12-18 at 12:45 -0500, Jason Andryuk wrote:
> I can definitively state I have a hash in bb_codeparser.dat with an
> incorrect shellCacheLine entry and I don't know how it got there.
>
> The bad hash is 3df9018676de219bb3e46e88eea09c98.  I've attached a
> file with the binutils do_install() contents which hash to that
> value.
>
> The bad 3df9018676de219bb3e46e88eea09c98 entry in the
> bb_codeparser.dat returned
> DEBUG: execs [
> DEBUG: execs rm
> DEBUG: execs install
> DEBUG: execs test
> DEBUG: execs sed
> DEBUG: execs rmdir
> DEBUG: execs bbfatal_log
> DEBUG: execs mv
> DEBUG: execs /home/build/openxt-compartments/build/tmp-
> glibc/work/core2-32-oe-linux/python-async/0.6.2-r0/recipe-sysroot-
> native/usr/bin/python-native/python
> DEBUG: execs find

This is useful data (along with the attachment), thanks.

I agree that this looks likely to have come from a core2-32 tuned
machine (e.g. genericx86) from python-async do_install.

How old was this build directory? Can you remember any details of the
update history for it?

I'd be very interested to try and reproduce that hash. I locally
blacklisted your collision from my cache and tried to reproduce this. I
can generate a matching hash for the binutils do_install but I can't
produce one matching the above.

Can you remember the history of this build directory and which updates
it may have had? The python-async recipe is confined to OE-Core so its
probably the revision history for the oe-core repo which is most
interesting. Anything in the .git/logs directory for that which would
help us replay the different versions you might have built?