[OE-core] [AUH] u-boot: upgrading to 2019.01 FAILED

Alexander Kanavin alex.kanavin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 09:39:26 UTC 2019

On Fri, 18 Jan 2019 at 08:10, Marek Vasut <marek.vasut at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Next steps:
> >     - apply the patch: git am 0001-u-boot-upgrade-2018.11-2019.01.patch
> >     - check the changes to upstream patches and summarize them in the commit message,
> >     - compile an image that contains the package
> >     - perform some basic sanity tests
> >     - amend the patch and sign it off: git commit -s --reset-author --amend
> >     - send it to the appropriate mailing list
> >
> > Alternatively, if you believe the recipe should not be upgraded at this time,
> > you can fill RECIPE_NO_UPDATE_REASON in respective recipe file so that
> > automatic upgrades would no longer be attempted.
> >
> > Please review the attached files for further information and build/update failures.
> > Any problem please file a bug at https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Automated%20Update%20Handler
>
> Can AUH be fixed please ?

We have previously discussed this: fixing devtool to upgrade several
recipes in a single transaction is non-trivial as it operates on one
recipe at a time. Please try to accept that AUH is not perfect and
take these emails as a reminder to do the version update (which you
should, as the listed maintainer). The attached patch is actually
useful as a starting point, you only need to rename the other two .bb
files to complete the update.

Alex