[OE-core] How to include fitImage-initramfs in rootfs image

Richard Leitner richard.leitner at skidata.com
Thu Jan 24 07:09:03 UTC 2019

Hi,
I'm currently facing issues on how to include a fitImage with
devicetrees and a INITRAMFS_IMAGE in my rootfs image.

My config is something like:

KERNEL_IMAGETYPE = "fitImage"
KERNEL_CLASSES  = "kernel-fitimage"
KERNEL_DEVICETREE = "a.dtb b.dtb c.dtb"
INITRAMFS_IMAGE = "initramfs-mine"

To include the "normal" fitImage without the initramfs in the rootfs the
following works:

IMAGE_INSTALL_append += " kernel-image"

When digging around a little bit I found that the
fitImage-initramfs-mine is deployed to tmp/deploy/images but there's no
package including that file.

Therefore I'm unable to include it via IMAGE_INSTALL.

Am I missing something?
Is anybody of you aware of a solution?
Does kernel-fitimage and kernel.bbclass offer this at all?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

regards;Richard.L