[OE-core] How to include fitImage-initramfs in rootfs image

Richard Leitner richard.leitner at skidata.com
Thu Jan 24 07:56:27 UTC 2019

On 24/01/2019 08:52, Robert Yang wrote:

> On 1/24/19 3:31 PM, Robert Yang wrote:
>> Hi Richard.L,
>>
>> On 1/24/19 3:09 PM, Richard Leitner wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> I'm currently facing issues on how to include a fitImage with
>>> devicetrees and a INITRAMFS_IMAGE in my rootfs image.
>

> I think that set both INITRAMFS_IMAGE and INITRAMFS_IMAGE_BUNDLE should
> work,
> you have set INITRAMFS_IMAGE, so also set:
>
> INITRAMFS_IMAGE_BUNDLE = "1"

That was also my first thought, but unfortunately this doesn't work.
There's still one fitImage and one fitImage-initramfs-mine in the deploy
dir and the one included in the rootfs image has the same checksum and
size as the fitImage without the initramfs.

> // Robert
>

>>> My config is something like:
>>>
>>> KERNEL_IMAGETYPE = "fitImage"
>>> KERNEL_CLASSES  = "kernel-fitimage"
>>> KERNEL_DEVICETREE = "a.dtb b.dtb c.dtb"