[OE-core] Always install initramfs-framework-base in case of linux-yocto & INITRAMFS_IMAGE_BUNDLE=1

Leon Woestenberg leon at sidebranch.com
Thu Jan 31 21:17:45 UTC 2019

On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 9:01 PM Alexey Brodkin
<alexey.brodkin at synopsys.com> wrote:
> --------------------------->8----------------------
> /dev/console is missing or not a character device!
> Please ensure your rootfs is properly configured

I thought /dev/console could also be created by the kernel itself onto
a "temporary filesystem for device nodes" (DEVTMPFS).
I am not sure, but here is a similar case:
http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2015-March/123309.html

Is your (other) kernel configured with CONFIG_DEVTMPFS=y?

Regards,

Leon.