[OE-core] ✗ patchtest: failure for wic/plugins: Source that support both EFI and BIOS

William Bourque wbourque at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 16:29:24 UTC 2019

On Wed, Jul 3, 2019 at 3:51 AM Richard Purdie
<richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 2019-07-02 at 15:22 -0400, William Bourque wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > The error "scripts/lib/wic/plugins/source/bootimg-biosplusefi.py does
> > not exist" is a bit puzzling : this is the new file my patch is
> > adding.
> > Is this test failure expected for new files?
> >
> > I sent this using git-sendmail; should I submit using a different way
> > (pull request, ...)?
>
> I think the test is broken so we can ignore that. I've cc'd Sandy so
> she might be able to look into this issue if possible as we've seen it
> a few times.
>
> What I did wonder is whether we should be adding some tests to wic for
> this new plugin though?
>
> The existing tests are in meta/lib/oeqa/selftest/cases/wic.py and can
> be run with "oe-selftest -r wic", would it make sense to add something
> to this as part of this change?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Richard

You are right, some tests would be a good idea.

That said, I am a bit confused on how to integrate in
meta/lib/oeqa/selftest/cases/wic.py
Most tests in there check generic functionnalities, I'm not quite sure
how to use it to tests the new SourcePlugin() specific
functionnalities, instead of just the generic.
I will come up with something but it might not be great... but "not
great" is better than "nothing" I suppose.

Do you want me to resubmit the SourcePlugin code and the tests together?
Or would you rather have me submit the tests separately?

Thanks

- William