[OE-core] GStreamer recipes migration to Meson and _git.bb recipes?

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Mon Jun 3 14:17:30 UTC 2019

On Mon, 2019-06-03 at 14:46 +0100, Philippe Normand wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> It would be convenient to have _git.bb GStreamer recipes, for
> development purposes. There were some in the past but they were not
> very well maintained and they had outdated SRCREVs. Would it be
> acceptable to include _git.bb recipes relying on ${AUTOREV} in the
> tree?
>
> We also plan to migrate the recipes to Meson, especially because the
> autotools build will be removed from GStreamer upstream, most
> probably
> before the 1.18 stable release.

We don't have AUTOREV by default since it means network access and the
system needs to be able to work without that.

What I'd love to see is someone finishing Ross' work here:

http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/commit/?h=ross/gitup&id=56a7f12c3175f5a29fdaa9a6939919d7cf586a8c

i.e. a class which allows one recipe to support a git and tarball
version.

We could bring back poky-bleeding which set AUTOREV versions in
combination with that.