[OE-core] naming of link to fitImage with initramfs

Markus Klotzbuecher mk at mkio.de
Fri Mar 1 15:45:01 UTC 2019

Hello everyone

After updating to thud, I noticed that the naming of the softlink to a
fitImage with an INITRAMFS_IMAGE effectively changed from the form

   fitImage-${INITRAMFS_IMAGE}-${MACHINE}.bin

   fitImage-${INITRAMFS_IMAGE}-${MACHINE}-${MACHINE}

This happens because the latter is constructed in
kernel-fitimage.bbclass as

      fitImage-${INITRAMFS_IMAGE_NAME}-${KERNEL_FIT_LINK_NAME}

where kernel.bbclass sets:
      INITRAMFS_IMAGE_NAME ?= ${INITRAMFS_IMAGE}-${MACHINE}

and kernel-artifact-names.bbclass defines:
      KERNEL_FIT_LINK_NAME ?= "${KERNEL_ARTIFACT_LINK_NAME}"

and
      KERNEL_ARTIFACT_LINK_NAME ?= "${MACHINE}"

leading ${MACHINE} being added two times.

Is this intentional or am I missing something? I'm not attached to the
old naming, but the double MACHINE in the link seems a bit odd.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards
Markus

--
Markus Klotzbuecher
Freelancer Embedded, Distributed & Real-time Systems