[OE-core] sstate hash equivalence breaks rm_work

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Mon Mar 4 16:14:43 UTC 2019

On Mon, Mar 04, 2019 at 04:06:47PM +0000, Richard Purdie wrote:
> On Mon, 2019-03-04 at 10:58 -0500, Tom Rini wrote:
> > Ah, so "poky" got me thinking this morning.  I was just on bitbake
> > v1.40
> > (since I usually use thud, and that's the version for that).  Moving
> > bitbake master/tip and I don't see the problem anymore.
> >
> > Is it possible to have some logic within OE to check the version of
> > bitbake and throw an error / warning?
>
> You mean like the BB_MIN_VERSION variable:
>
> http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/meta/conf/sanity.conf#n6
>
> ?
>
> :)
>
> The changes were intended to be backwards compatible hence it wasn't
> bumped. Clearly something isn't playing as intended...

Yes, that.  I think we haven't fully used that well historically since I
can only ever recall *kaboom* when using too old of a bitbake rather
than a nice sane error message.  Looking at
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Releases and then some quick git
history, we also must have had that mechanism available when I last ran
into something like that even for the fairly ancient jumping around I've
had to do a time or three.

In fact, can we make BB_MIN_VERSION match the table found there?  It
doesn't look like we have resources / time to test things on both
current and min versions, so we should I think have the min match what
we say should be used.

--
Tom