[OE-core] Can't build product that uses DEFAULTTUNE="arm926ejs"

Peter Kjellerstedt peter.kjellerstedt at axis.com
Mon Mar 11 04:20:27 UTC 2019

I'm trying to build with master of OE-core and one of our products now
fails with:

ERROR:  OE-core's config sanity checker detected a potential misconfiguration.
    Either fix the cause of this error or at your own risk disable the checker
    (see sanity.conf). Following is the list of potential problems / advisories:

    Error, the PACKAGE_ARCHS variable (all any noarch arm armv4 armv4t armv5
    armv5t armv5e armv5te arm926ejste arm926ejse <BSP name withheld>) for
    DEFAULTTUNE (arm926ejs) does not contain TUNE_PKGARCH (arm926ejst).

I believe this is due to commit ac83d22e (arm-tunes: Remove -march option if
mcpu is already added). If I build with Thud, TUNE_PKGARCH is "arm926ejste".
The  lack of the "e" at the end when building with master seems to be due to
the definition of ARMPKGSFX_DSP as
"${@bb.utils.contains('TUNE_FEATURES', [ 'armv5', 'dsp' ], 'e', '', d)}" and
the fact that after commit ac83d22e, TUNE_FEATURES no longer contains 'armv5'.

//Peter