[OE-core] Cannot get bitbake multiconfig to work

richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Wed Mar 20 13:49:24 UTC 2019

On Wed, 2019-03-20 at 13:44 +0000, Mike Looijmans wrote:
> I tried providing MACHINE in local.conf, which just resulted in a
> build for that machine, and whatever multiconfig I passed on the
> commandline still got completely ignored. I even put "garbage" into
> the pmu.conf file and it was happy with that too.

Its hard for me to know what to say to that.

We have a test for multiconfig now:

http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky/commit/?id=d9018a3d9c828551c465b68b27920ec4681524ae

If you configure a multiconfig and then try and build it with something
like "bitbake multiconfig:pmu:XXX" then it should build XXX for the
MACHINE set in the pmu multiconfig. You are hard setting things like
the MACHINE in the pmu.conf?

Does:

bitbake -e -b multiconfig:pmu:bash | grep MACHINE=

show what you'd expect?

If its still not working we need to be able to replicate the
configuration that isn't working or at least see the local.conf and
pmu.conf that don't work. We simply don't have enough info other than
to speculate on what might be wrong.