[OE-core] musl thoughts

Adrian Bunk bunk at stusta.de
Mon Mar 25 18:23:42 UTC 2019

On Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 10:44:28AM -0700, Khem Raj wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 23, 2019 at 2:16 PM Adrian Bunk <bunk at stusta.de> wrote:
> > so that the workaround patches can be dropped from packages like NM?
>
> I think the right approach is to fix the problem where it belongs, and
> generally making changes to headers
> is a long term approach but is right one until then live with
> temporary solutions.

Many of the musl-specific header ordering restrictions could
alternatively be resolved if there would be an #if defined(__MUSL__)
in the linux/libc-compat.h kernel header to reliably disable conflicting
declarations in the kernel headers.

I wonder whether there is a better temporary solution by doing something
like that in OE instead of having workaround hacks in various packages
like NetworkManager.

cu
Adrian

       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.