[OE-core] Switching GStreamer recipes from autotools to meson

Carlos Rafael Giani dv at pseudoterminal.org
Tue May 14 08:19:34 UTC 2019

 From what I have seen, meson support is stable now.

Also, in GStreamer, autotools is now considered a legacy build system,
and will be removed in future released. From
https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/releases/1.16/ :

 > The Meson build system build is now feature-complete (*) and it is
now the recommended build system on all platforms and also used by
Cerbero to build GStreamer on all platforms. The Autotools build is
scheduled to be removed in the next cycle. Developers who currently use
gst-uninstalled should move to gst-build. The build option naming has
been cleaned up and made consistent and there are now feature options to
enable/disable plugins and various other features on a case-by-case
basis. (*) with the exception of plugin docs which will be handled
differently in future

GStreamer recipe upgrades to 1.16.0 have been sent in as a pull request
to meta-gstreamer1.0 . Once these are in, I'm considering to switch the
recipes to meson. Are there any potential issues with that? For example,
anything special about meson and GObject introspection I should know about?