[OE-core] ptest with BBCLASSEXTEND

richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Wed May 22 22:33:01 UTC 2019

On Wed, 2019-05-22 at 18:28 -0400, Jonathan Rajotte-Julien wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > I think Jonathan Rajotte might be able to help us with lttng-tools.
>
> Finally had some time for this.
>
> See [1][2].
>
> [2] does bring the matter of forcing lttng-ust support of lttng-tools
> when ptest
> is deployed. "lttng-ust" is already set in PACKAGECONFIG by default
> but is there any
> way to "enforce" the lttng-ust config & dependency when lttng-tools-
> ptest is used?
>
> [1] http://lists.openembedded.org/pipermail/openembedded-core/2019-May/282733.html
> [2] http://lists.openembedded.org/pipermail/openembedded-core/2019-May/282734.html

Thanks for looking at this. It sounds like we need some runtime
dependencies as well as the PACKAGECONFIG option. I think the lttng-
tool ust option should be changed:

-PACKAGECONFIG[lttng-ust] = "--with-lttng-ust, --without-lttng-ust, lttng-ust"
+PACKAGECONFIG[lttng-ust] = "--with-lttng-ust, --without-lttng-ust, lttng-ust,lttng-ust"

i.e. force the dependency at runtime as well as buildtime.