[OE-core] How to add build date?

Joseph Reynolds jrey at linux.ibm.com
Mon Nov 18 16:07:10 UTC 2019

On 11/18/19 3:53 AM, Ross Burton wrote:
> On 16/11/2019 21:56, Joseph Reynolds wrote:
>>
>> Is there a best practice for folks who want to put the build date
>> into their generated os-release file?  I've seen this question come
>> up at least 3 times in my brief involvement with OE.  I could perhaps
>> add comment to the OpenBMC os-release.bbappend file to provide the
>> proper guidance.  I would like to hear your ideas.
>
> There's an image-buildinfo class that can inject build-specific
> information of your chosing into the image.

Thank you, I was not aware of that.  That makes perfect sense.  I've
added that to my answer in the OpenBMC email list, and hope to have a
answer I can just refer to, for the next time someone asks this question.

Link to OpenBMC email thread:
https://lists.ozlabs.org/pipermail/openbmc/2019-November/019479.html

- Joseph