[OE-core] How to backport openssl to Sumo

Ryan Harkin ryan.harkin at linaro.org
Wed Nov 20 18:59:35 UTC 2019

On Wed, 20 Nov 2019 at 18:28, Ross Burton <ross.burton at intel.com> wrote:

> On 20/11/2019 18:18, Ryan Harkin wrote:
> > Now it builds fine. However, I no longer have /usr/bin/openssl in my
> > disk image.
>
> $ oe-pkgdata-util find-path /usr/bin/openssl
> openssl-bin: /usr/bin/openssl
>
> Did you try adding openssl-bin to your image explicitly?

No, I hadn't even thought about that, as it was already working before I
updated.

I added openssl-bin to my RDEPENDS for my packagegroup, right after the
openssl entry. I tried to manually bitbake openssl-bin, and it complained:

$ bitbake openssl-bin
[snip]
ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'openssl-bin'. Close matches:
  openssl
  openssl-native
  openssl10
  openssl RPROVIDES openssl-bin