[OE-core] How to backport openssl to Sumo

Adrian Bunk bunk at stusta.de
Wed Nov 20 23:05:55 UTC 2019

On Wed, Nov 20, 2019 at 09:39:51PM +0000, Mikko.Rapeli at bmw.de wrote:
> I could submit these too if someone wants to setup a communit maintenance branch for sumo.

I would not consider this appropriate for a stable branch. With such
invasive changes it would no longer be reasonably safe for users to
follow the branch to receive security updates for other recipes.

In Ubuntu 18.04 security support for OpenSSL 1.0.2 is provided until at
least April 2023. Similar schedules exist for other LTS distributions.
This provides sources for piggy-backing security support for a few years
after upstream support ends.

> Cheers,
>
> -Mikko

cu