[OE-core] new meta-oe failures from master-next

Adrian Bunk bunk at stusta.de
Wed Oct 23 22:08:58 UTC 2019

On Wed, Oct 23, 2019 at 10:20:29PM +0100, Richard Purdie wrote:

> Well, yes. The proposed policy is now that we should address these
> kinds of issues if they get reported. Whilst I understand why and that
> Khem doesn't get as much help as he needs with meta-oe, pushing the oe-
> core maintainers to fix things likely won't scale. I would like to see
> meta-oe quality/reliability improve though so I do understand the
> desire.

What is the proposed process for oe-core changes that are likely to
break reverse dependencies in meta-oe?

Python 3.8 would be a good example for that - for astor your upgrade to
the latest upstream version already contains Python 3.8 fixes, but other
recipes in meta-oe might require fixing by someone.

> Cheers,
>
> Richard

cu
Adrian