[OE-core] new meta-oe failures from master-next

Adrian Bunk bunk at stusta.de
Thu Oct 24 09:34:06 UTC 2019

On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 09:15:01AM +0100, richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org wrote:

> The cmake change makes python visible from HOSTTOOLS. That isn't wrong
> as such, it is a change in behaviour. If recipes don't set python
> enabled/disabled explicitly, there is some fallout from that. I'd say
> that is a bug in those recipes which aren't giving explicit
> configuration to dependencies though.

The problem is not about enable/disable, it is more about not explicitly
selecting the python version.

For the affected libiio the python2 -> python3 change of the python
bindings last week [1] was basically:

-inherit cmake pythonnative systemd
+inherit cmake python3native systemd

This is very fragile, and I would consider it expected that either the
old or the new case will break in some way when both python2 and python3
are available during the build.

> Cheers,
>
> RIchard

cu