[OE-core] qemu rebuild contamination

Alexander Kanavin alex.kanavin at gmail.com
Sun Oct 27 10:48:23 UTC 2019

On Sun, 27 Oct 2019 at 10:58, Richard Purdie <
richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

> The reason is that when configuration changes, autotools.bbclass will
> wipe out ${B} however qemu doesn't use the autotools class and hence B
> is not cleaned for changes in configuration.
>
> We could abstract the pieces of autotools.bbclass which do this into a
> separate class, or, easier, have qemu's do_configure wipe ${B}.

Thanks for looking; I had noticed before that when qemu's PACKAGECONFIG
options change, it rebuilds very quickly - I assumed qemu's build scripts
know what they do and rebuild only the needed pieces. Somehow, I had never
hit the problem of resulting binaries mismatching the configuration in
local tests.

Alex