[OE-core] zimage Initramfs booting stuck at Start Kernel

Ferry Toth fntoth at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 17:37:55 UTC 2019

Op 29-10-2019 om 11:25 schreef JH:
> Hi Ferry,
>
> On 10/29/19, Ferry Toth <fntoth at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> https://github.com/edison-fw/meta-intel-edison/blob/master/meta-intel-edison-bsp/conf/machine/edison.conf
>>
>> And there is the max size!
>
> Are you able to run u-boot to start kernel in the large size 64 MB?

No, the largest I had was 18MB compressed and it didn't boot. After I
brought it back to 10MB or so it boots again. Like I said, I don't know
where the limit comes from.

I think you should be able to make the initramfs minimal and put the
rest in a separate file system same as I do and your problem will be
solved. But it looks like if you want to trace the root cause and solve
it, you are on your own.