[OE-core] QA check for package arch less specific than one of the dependency

Bedel, Alban alban.bedel at aerq.com
Mon Sep 2 12:08:01 UTC 2019

Hi all,

in a layer I'm using I noticed that some recipes used the default
generic architecture although they (build) depend on machine specific
recipes. As far as understand this is generally incorrect, a recipe
should never have a build dependency that has a more specific
architecture than the recipe itself.

Assuming this is correct would it be possible to have a QA check to
verify this? I gave it a shot but didn't found how I could get the
architecture of other recipes, any pointer on how that could be
realised?

Thanks,
Alban Bedel