[OE-core] boost 1.69 -> 1.71 upgrade for 3.0?

Ross Burton ross.burton at intel.com
Tue Sep 3 15:19:56 UTC 2019

On 22/08/2019 20:19, Randy MacLeod wrote:
> I'm checking if you have done any work on upgrading the
> boost recipe? Trevor will work on it if you haven't started.
> He's relatively new to YP so depending on how easy the
> update is he might bail or need help or take a while.

I know I'm late to this thread, but as a warning to anyone else: Boost
is *not a simple recipe*.  Boost has a custom build system that is - to
put it politely - quite challenging to use.  I recommend browsing the
recipe and observing at what point the original author of the recipe
started to go mad.

Ross